Sollette Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sollette Online

The world of Sollette is a complex place. The many races that now flourish on the planet can all trace their origin back to one catalyst: The Demonic Invasion. Now you are flung into the past to confront this perilous time for yourself.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Long Day's Rest

Go down 
+2
Sundew
Eternal Eclipse
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Class: Wizard
Hit Points:
Long Day's Rest - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue20/20Long Day's Rest - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Temporary Hit Points:

Long Day's Rest - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime31st August 2010, 11:18 pm

Mambele bites his lip. If the angel's words are true, there is no hope for this world, and they can only hope to flee another one. Should they therefore recruit as many people as possible? Why deny them the option to survive? And yet, who left him in charge of choosing who lives or dies? Shrugging it off, he approaches the druid. "Now, what kind of talk is that? We don't know for sure it really will be destroyed yet. And let's say we did have the certainty that the world would end tomorrow, would you not bother to save a friend from dying today? Do not make light of your work. Every moment you granted your protectorate is precious."
Back to top Go down
zebith
Traveller
zebith

Character sheet
Class: paladin
Hit Points:
Long Day's Rest - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue25/25Long Day's Rest - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime1st September 2010, 8:51 pm

"It makes sense now. The natural spirits have been distant as of late and the destruction of the planet must be the cause. There must be something that can be done to stop this tradegy" Tiagarth said as he lifted his head to look at the party
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime1st September 2010, 10:26 pm

"As of now, we are only attempting to survive. But to do this we have a long and dangerous journey ahead of us. If you wish to stay the night with us you are welcome. We have food and will provide safe rest." Menzo sheathes his sword, confident the elf poses no threat.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Long Day's Rest - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue20/20Long Day's Rest - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime1st September 2010, 11:07 pm

Mambele smiles at the elf, then sighs, sitting on his sleeping bag. Why can't we have more ladies join the team? "How are we supposed to repopulate the new world?" he wonders, and to his passing embarrassment wonders it aloud.
Back to top Go down
zebith
Traveller
zebith

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Long Day's Rest - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue25/25Long Day's Rest - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime1st September 2010, 11:18 pm

"thank you" Tiagarth said as he gets up and moves further in to the camp. He curls up and slowly drifts off to sleep. Menzo's words haunt Tiagarths sleep. If he could go back. Back to his friends and family. Was it possible to go back? give up the peace and tranquility that he's known for so long. To go back fighting the Eladrin after all this time. Impossible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime1st September 2010, 11:51 pm

"In the morning we will continue on our way and bid you farewell, Tiagarth."
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Long Day's Rest - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue2/2Long Day's Rest - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime1st September 2010, 11:58 pm

"Now hold on a minute, son." Ricker speaks up. "There a reason he can't come with us?"

Menzo ponders a moment. "I do not know him. I do not trust him. I don't even know if he can help us on our journey? Why should he join us?"

"We could be his best hope of returning home! You heard him say that he doesn't belong here!"

"That still doesn't disprove my points."

Ricker sighs. "Look, Menzo, why not let him tag along for a while? At least until the big city." He carefully avoided saying the name of their destination. "Get to know him, see what he can do."

Now Menzo let's out a sigh. "I am not heartless. I suppose he can travel with us, if he wishes." He looks to the sleeping lion. "I believe that if we do run into trouble then having a great beast like that on our side would help. We'll broach the subject on the morrow. Will you still take first watch?"

"Yeah, get some sleep." Ricker smiles, pleased with winning the arguement.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Long Day's Rest - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue2/2Long Day's Rest - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2nd September 2010, 3:55 pm

OOC: If no-one has any more to add then I can skip to the morning.
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Class: Rageblood Barbarian
Hit Points:
Long Day's Rest - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue46/46Long Day's Rest - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2nd September 2010, 5:04 pm

OOC: I'm good.
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Class: Psion
Hit Points:
Long Day's Rest - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue32/32Long Day's Rest - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (32/32)
Temporary Hit Points: 0

PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2nd September 2010, 5:47 pm

Tulka looked at the druid, curled up. She longed to pet him, but realized that that might be bad. Instead, she stood, and drifted to sleep.

OOC: I'm good Smile
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2nd September 2010, 10:57 pm

ooc Good too
Back to top Go down
zebith
Traveller
zebith

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime3rd September 2010, 4:23 am

OOC I'm good
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime4th September 2010, 11:00 am

Fang, being the last on watch, wakes everyone up in the morning. As they are eating breakfast, and sharing a meal with Tiagarth, Ricker and Menzo bring up the subject of him joining them.

"We think that the portal we're headed to might be a way for you to get home." Rickers says. "It will be a long and difficult journey, like we said, but I'm thinking you'll believe it's worth it."

Menzo nods. "I can't deny that your ability to turn into such a beast would be useful on our journey."

"Will you join us, son?" Ricker asks.
Back to top Go down
zebith
Traveller
zebith

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime4th September 2010, 5:23 pm

tiagarth looked at Menzo and Ricker. "I will join you. If it'll get me back to my family. Where is this portal? All the ones that I know about are disabled and no one was willing to help fix them for fear of invaders" Tiagarth said popping the last piece of fruit into his mouth
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime5th September 2010, 9:11 pm

"Ever heard of the dragonborn? We think that they're the ones that Menzo's lady went to for trade agreements. She's the one who has the ability to create a portal for us."
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime5th September 2010, 11:38 pm

Mambele brews a pot of strong tea. "Hope you like Crimson Beholder, Lady Tulka." he says. Indeed, the tight spherical blossoms he uses to make the tea, though dry and shrunken, are a bright red with a thick head of pistils that resemble eye-stalks. The aroma is sweet and pleasant, and Mambele fills his cup with gusto. Listening to Richer's conversation, he smiles. "We'll be spending a lot of time at sea, though. Think you'll be okay without seeing any trees for awhile?" he asks the druid with a friendly grin.

ooc To be honest, I'm now intrigued by the concept of a druid coast guard. It's not so far fetched, as coast guards are an old concept. There's on in the Beowulf poem.
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Class: Psion
Hit Points:
Long Day's Rest - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue32/32Long Day's Rest - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (32/32)
Temporary Hit Points: 0

PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime6th September 2010, 11:30 am

The wilden's eyes widen. "There exists a place with no trees?" she asks in an almost whisper.
Back to top Go down
zebith
Traveller
zebith

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime6th September 2010, 11:38 am

Tiagarth stripes off his hide armour and lifts his shirt. There's a large scar across his chest and abdoman. Also there's a circluar hole in his shoulder. " the last time I had dealing with the Dragonborn they did this to me. I was luck to make it off the island alive" he replies "I should be ok away from my garden for a while" tiagarth turns to look at Mambele
Tiagarth redresses and takes a sip of tea "This stuff is pretty good"
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime6th September 2010, 12:06 pm

Mambele beams at the compliment, as usual, despite the distraction of the elf's revelation. "You've met the dragonborn before? You didn't scold them for messing up the forest, did you?" he asks, his smile turning into a grimace at the though.

Looking over at Tulka, he nods solemnly. "Oh, there's plenty of plants there too, don't worry. It's just that most of them are very tiny. Like clouds of little plants, smaller than the tiniest seeds, all floating together." He lets Tulka savor the mental image as he turns to face Tiagarth again, waiting for his reply.
Back to top Go down
zebith
Traveller
zebith

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime6th September 2010, 12:58 pm

"I was hoping that they would help me, but I don't know draconic and thier graps of common isn't very good. I never did find out if they had a way to send me home or not" Tiagarth drained the cup of tea " hopefully they won't remember me, it's been quite a few years ago"

OOC: The druid Coast Guard would probbally all turn into dolphins LOL
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime6th September 2010, 1:20 pm

Mambele chews on that fact. "Hrm. It seems like it would be useful to find someone versed in draconic lore. Or at the very least someone who could earn their trust. Richer, you've been around. Do you know of any kobolds that are friendly to other peoples? Or at least tolerant?"

ooc The druid coast guard would be the party's Aquaman.
Back to top Go down
zebith
Traveller
zebith

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime6th September 2010, 2:36 pm

Tiagarth walks behind the group and transforms into a black leopard and lays down to listen to the rest of the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime6th September 2010, 3:26 pm

"I think we could find someone who can speak the language in Raynion. If not in one of the towns between here and there. Perhaps we should get back on the road and discuss our plan on the way." He gets up to get the horses ready and hitched to the wagon.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime6th September 2010, 3:46 pm

Mambele nods. "Sounds like a plan." he decides and starts helping Richer clean up camp. He seems rather prissy about how to set about washing the dishes, and takes up the task himself at a nearby stream, throwing the occasional glance at Tiagarth for fear of his reaction to him 'polluting' the water.
Back to top Go down
zebith
Traveller
zebith

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime6th September 2010, 7:36 pm

Tiagarth strolls over to the stream where Mambele is washing the dishes "You missed a spot." he says as he pickes up a pot and filles it with water for the campfire.
Tiagarth drownes and buries the remnants of the campfire. Reaching into his pack pulls out a small bag of seeds and sprinkles them on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Long Day's Rest
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next