Sollette Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sollette Online

The world of Sollette is a complex place. The many races that now flourish on the planet can all trace their origin back to one catalyst: The Demonic Invasion. Now you are flung into the past to confront this perilous time for yourself.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Long, Hard Fall

Go down 
+2
Sundew
Eternal Eclipse
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
The Long, Hard Fall Left_bar_bleue2/2The Long, Hard Fall Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

The Long, Hard Fall Empty
PostSubject: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall I_icon_minitime4th November 2010, 2:30 pm

Ricker wakes everyone up and meets you all downstairs.

"We'll eat breakfast and then be on our way. Our innkeeper says there isn't much between here and Raynion so enjoy this last bit of civilization."

Menzo nods his head.

"Will there be any dangers to look out for?"

Ricker scowls. "Not much but there's been tales of the dead coming back to life and terrorizing the area. I don't put much store in that, myself."

"The undead are not unknown to me. Why is it so far fetched to you?"

"I've adventured my whole life and I've only ever fought the dead once. Some crazy wizard was bringing them back to life and judging by the looks of his equipment it wasn't an easy feat. So I'm guessing the locals are just trying liven up their lives with a good ghost story." He chuckles.

---

* As far as you guys know, undead are rare and hardly ever encountered on Sollette. Ricker seems right in his assumptions that the stories are just stories.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Class: Wizard
Hit Points:
The Long, Hard Fall Left_bar_bleue20/20The Long, Hard Fall Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall I_icon_minitime4th November 2010, 3:25 pm

Mambele fumbled with his new deck of cards as he tried them out, only half-listening to Menzo and Ricker. He'd be far more graceful about shuffling them if he just took off his magic gloves, but what he really wanted was to find a way to change the images on the cards so that he could bluff people when offering to read their fortunes.

With his attention already divided between the divination cards and the prestidigitation spell, even the claim that he was only half-listening to his companions was an overstatement. As the cards suddenly flew out of his hands in an unintentional whirlwind all over the table, he stood silent for an embarrassed second before feigning coolness and addressing his companions.

"So we'll be facing undead, then? Well, that's not too bad. Will we be hiring a cleric?" he asks, clearly not having paid attention to what was said.
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Class: Rageblood Barbarian
Hit Points:
The Long, Hard Fall Left_bar_bleue46/46The Long, Hard Fall Empty_bar_bleue  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall I_icon_minitime4th November 2010, 7:44 pm

Fang was sitting at the table, ripping a large chunk of meat off the bone with his teeth. Once he finished devouring the large slab of meat, he finally spoke up. "And if we don't have a cleric, any advice on taking one out? I mean, it can't be any harder than killing a person... I've learned if it moves, it can be killed, one way or another." He laughed heartily, taking another bite of his meat.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
The Long, Hard Fall Left_bar_bleue20/20The Long, Hard Fall Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall I_icon_minitime4th November 2010, 8:15 pm

ooc Okay. With these two idiots, and unless Tulka's following comment is uncharacteristically un-crazy, I think Richer's probably just gonna say 'screw it' and sit and wait for the world to explode. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zebith
Traveller
zebith

Character sheet
Class: paladin
Hit Points:
The Long, Hard Fall Left_bar_bleue25/25The Long, Hard Fall Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall I_icon_minitime4th November 2010, 8:22 pm

Tiagarth sat there listening to the coversation. Thinking how can something that is dead be up walking around like the living.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall I_icon_minitime4th November 2010, 10:24 pm

"Wha... No... I don't..." Ricker sighed. "Shut up and eat your food."
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall I_icon_minitime14th November 2010, 10:31 am

The warlock sets about picking up his spilled cards, removing more than a few from his teammates's breakfasts with a penitent smile. "I'm sorry, Ricker. And I'd probably be sorry even if I hadn't embarrassed myself." he offers. Licking a bit of scrambled egg off a card, he stuffs the deck back into its little carved box and stuffs it away. "Anyway, iseeing as how this is the last bit of civilization between here and Raynion..." he starts off, blissfully unaware he's repeating what has just been said, "...I propose we make a bit of a party out of it. It's been awhile since my family's been around these parts, but I reckon our credit's still good. And it's not like we're certain I'll get a chance to cash in on it in the future." he finishes with a whisper.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall I_icon_minitime14th November 2010, 1:43 pm

"I want to get on the road, son, so whatever you have in mind had better be quick." Ricker seems grumpier then usual. Perhaps he didn't get a good nights sleep or perhaps he's still put out about everyone questioning him.
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
The Long, Hard Fall Left_bar_bleue46/46The Long, Hard Fall Empty_bar_bleue  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall I_icon_minitime14th November 2010, 1:45 pm

Fang took a long drink from his glass before slamming it back down. "Ricker's right. As fun as a party sounds, we're on a pretty tight schedule." Whether Fang was saying this to simply agree with Ricker or that he wanted to hurry up and reach Raynion before it was too late was anyone's guess.
Back to top Go down
zebith
Traveller
zebith

Character sheet
Hit Points:
The Long, Hard Fall Left_bar_bleue25/25The Long, Hard Fall Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall I_icon_minitime14th November 2010, 4:19 pm

"I agree. " Tiagarth says as he melts into his elven form. "the quicker we get moving the quicker we can get off this world before it is destroyed"
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Class: Psion
Hit Points:
The Long, Hard Fall Left_bar_bleue32/32The Long, Hard Fall Empty_bar_bleue  (32/32)
Temporary Hit Points: 0

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall I_icon_minitime14th November 2010, 6:31 pm

OOC: Because I didn;t post so long, we're just going to say that Tulka was meditating the entire time.

Sitting quietly, the kemen'ered finally tilts her head and says, "If something that is dead is now alive, can you not just make it dead again? Why are holy persons needed? This one does not understand."

Pausing for another moment, she starts again. "Also, what is 'party'?"
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall I_icon_minitime14th November 2010, 11:18 pm

Mambele makes a childish pout as his idea is quickly shot down. He smiles impishly at Tulka's comment, though, seeing an opportunity to further pursue the concept. "Oh, it's music, and friends, and good food and a good dance, and showing off your prettiest clothing, and playing games, and telling jokes, and kissing someone you like, all at the same time!" he explains with grand gestures, hoping to kindle the wilden's interest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall I_icon_minitime15th November 2010, 7:22 pm

"In other words, something we don't have time for." Menzo winks at Mambele to show no hard feelings.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall I_icon_minitime15th November 2010, 7:24 pm

Ricker nods in agreement.

"Too right." He stands up. "I've already eaten so when you're done, meet me outside. I'm going to finish the preparations for the rest of our journey." With that he walks out the door.

Menzo pushes his empty plate away. "I'm going to go help him." And he walks out as well.
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall I_icon_minitime15th November 2010, 7:25 pm

Fang stands up. "I've got nothing better to do here..." he says before heading outside to wait for the others while helping Ricker and Menzo, should they need it.
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Class: Psion
Hit Points:
The Long, Hard Fall Left_bar_bleue32/32The Long, Hard Fall Empty_bar_bleue  (32/32)
Temporary Hit Points: 0

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall I_icon_minitime15th November 2010, 8:19 pm

The wilden pouts, watching half the table leave around her. She looks at Mambele as she too gets up. "These sound like good things. We are sorry that we cannot do the music and the dances and joke. Though clothes we think we will leave for non kemen'red. We should party soon, Mambele man."

With that she walks out the door to help.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall I_icon_minitime15th November 2010, 8:32 pm

Mambele stays inside the inn for a minute longer on his own. Looking at the deck of divination cards in his hand, he closes his eyes and holds the deck against his forehead. "Oh, cards of destiny! Will I get to party with my friends soon?" Opening his eyes, he looks at the topmost card.

'YES, YOU WILL. ALSO, TULKA AND FANG THINK YOUR CROWN IS VERY STYLISH, AND YOUR JOKES ARE FUNNY.'

Smiling to himself, Mambele puts the deck away and looks at his magic gloves with smug satisfaction. "We're in good hands, my friends." he murmurs as he follows his friends out.
Back to top Go down
zebith
Traveller
zebith

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall I_icon_minitime15th November 2010, 11:00 pm

Tiagarth melts back into a black leopard and strolls out with the other members of the party. As he walks out the door he turns and looks at Mambele and feels a little remorseful because he knows that Mambele likes the finer things in life and this trip hasn't been that glamorous.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 11:12 am

The journey for the next few days crawls by without incident. The most exciting aspect is that Menzo returned to his grumpy self and hasn't changed back. Though annoying, it is hardly eventful. Midway through the fourth day, Ricker stops the cart.

"Can anyone see what that is?" He points at a dust cloud rising up further along the trail. Whatever is making it is difficult to make out.

---

Perception checks.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 11:25 am

Mambele climbs up to the highest point on the cart and peers at the cloud ahead....

+2 Perception roll
Back to top Go down
Fate
Deity
Fate

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 11:25 am

The member 'Mambele' has done the following action : Die rolls

'd20' : 18
Back to top Go down
https://sollette.rpg-board.net
zebith
Traveller
zebith

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 2:44 pm

Tiagarth hops to the front of the cart to see what h can see

Perceptin +11
Back to top Go down
Fate
Deity
Fate

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 2:44 pm

The member 'Tiagarth' has done the following action : Die rolls

'd20' : 13
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 4:44 pm

Perception +1
Back to top Go down
Fate
Deity
Fate

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 4:44 pm

The member 'Fang' has done the following action : Die rolls

'd20' : 19
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Long, Hard Fall   The Long, Hard Fall I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Long, Hard Fall
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next