Sollette Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sollette Online

The world of Sollette is a complex place. The many races that now flourish on the planet can all trace their origin back to one catalyst: The Demonic Invasion. Now you are flung into the past to confront this perilous time for yourself.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Long Day's Rest

Go down 
+2
Sundew
Eternal Eclipse
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Long Day's Rest Left_bar_bleue2/2Long Day's Rest Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

Long Day's Rest Empty
PostSubject: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest I_icon_minitime26th August 2010, 1:03 pm

After a long day you have settled to camp in a heavily wooded area. You are not far from the road and Ricker has already taken care of the horses. A fire is burning and Menzo still has not returned to his normal self, which is irritating the rest of you, to say the least. You have a long journey ahead of you but after your string of recent successes you all feel confident and hopeful.

---

If you want to hunt for food then roll a nature check. You can also search for edible plants if you would rather not kill an animal.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Class: Wizard
Hit Points:
Long Day's Rest Left_bar_bleue20/20Long Day's Rest Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Temporary Hit Points:

Long Day's Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest I_icon_minitime26th August 2010, 1:19 pm

Mambele is still rubbing his sore joints from the cart ride. On the plus side, his hangover's gone, and he's in good spirits and good appetite. He has little desire to sit down or even lay down on the ground at this point, and he makes a mental note to purchase a hammock on the next town they visit. He considers getting his stargazing gear out, but he has little desire to stay in the camp, not so thrilled about hanging out with Menzo when he's being antisocial. He doesn't feel he's quite up to the challenge of following Fang on a hunting expedition either, so he thus gravitates towards Tulka. "How about we go searching for some mushrooms? I don't really know much about telling poisonous ones from edible ones, but I don't think I'm being prejudiced for assuming you probably do."

Last edited by Mambele on 26th August 2010, 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Class: Psion
Hit Points:
Long Day's Rest Left_bar_bleue32/32Long Day's Rest Empty_bar_bleue  (32/32)
Temporary Hit Points: 0

Long Day's Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest I_icon_minitime26th August 2010, 8:01 pm

The wilden is standing next to the horses, holding the nose of one in her long fingers. Breaking her gaze into its soft eyes, she turns and nods at Mambele. "We should be able to assist you. We will come." Pausing, she cocks her head. "What is 'prejudiced'?"
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Long Day's Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 12:45 am

Mambele smiles at the Wilden. "It means making assumptions about something or someone without going through the trouble of actually getting to know them." he explains, and reaches over to stroke the horse's mane himself. "Anyway, let's do some searching." Grabbing a lit length of pinewood, he heads over to some nearby trees, not really straying far from camp. "Now... there's gotta be something here we can turn into a good sauce."
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Long Day's Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 8:40 am

Mambele and Tulka roll perception checks.

I will count the highest roll as the actual check and the lowest as an assist.
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Class: Psion
Hit Points:
Long Day's Rest Left_bar_bleue32/32Long Day's Rest Empty_bar_bleue  (32/32)
Temporary Hit Points: 0

Long Day's Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 8:49 am

+12

Back to top Go down
Fate
Deity
Fate

Long Day's Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 8:49 am

The member 'Tulkavoa're' has done the following action : Die rolls

'd20' : 17
Back to top Go down
https://sollette.rpg-board.net
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Long Day's Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 1:16 pm

OOC Tulkavoa'e has X-Ray vision!

+2 Perception

EDIT AFTER ROLL: No need to thank me, Tulka.

Last edited by Mambele on 27th August 2010, 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fate
Deity
Fate

Long Day's Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 1:16 pm

The member 'Mambele' has done the following action : Die rolls

'd20' : 1
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Long Day's Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 1:28 pm

Mambele is more of a bumbling obstacle then any help but you manage to find many different types of edible plants, roots and mushrooms. Enough to make dinner for everyone and have some left over. More if you add meat.

---

OOC: Does anyone mind if we skip keeping track of food? You guys are doing exceptionally well at finding it and I don't think there's any point anymore. Maybe I'll start giving you bonuses instead. Depending on your rolls for food you can add a bonus to one roll on the following day. Whether it's a skill check, attack, or even damage roll.

Sound good?
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Long Day's Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 1:35 pm

ooc As long as we don't actually give up searching for it. Fun stuff can happen when we critically fail or succeed. But yeah, keeping track of food, while adding realism, is also a pain in the butt.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Long Day's Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 1:45 pm

OOC: Oh, you'll still search for it. That's how I can tell how large the bonus will be. Smile

But we can always say that Ricker has a huge supply of food in his magic trunk, for realism sake. (Which sounds ridiculous but you know what I mean.)
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Long Day's Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 1:45 pm

Mambele starts working on a sauce of mild peppers, wild onions, herbs and mushrooms, adding a splash of wine and oil from his personal stash, saving some strawberries for dessert. "Hrm... No cream. Shame, really." he murmurs as he tastes the sauce. He gets to work using some meat from their supplies and takes a long whiff. "Do you think the scent of food will attract monsters, or will the smell of smoke frighten them off?" he asks Ricker. Something about his tone suggests he would actually be offended if the smell of his food did NOT attract monsters.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Long Day's Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 1:47 pm

Ricker practically drools as he stares at the pot. "I'll fight them all myself, son. Is it done yet?"
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Long Day's Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 1:53 pm

"Almost" Mambele says, then reaches into his pocket for a tiny brass astrolabe, studying the heavens. "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand.... now it's ready. Do you have any dishes in there?" he asks, pointing at the freaky box.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Long Day's Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 2:10 pm

"Sure!" The chest walks over to him and he opens it, digging around until he brings out a pack. Opening the pack reveals a full set of tin plates and utensils.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Long Day's Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 2:22 pm

Mambele starts handing out dishes full of food. He loosens the belt on his coat, removes his crown and tries to lay back on the soft moss. He sits back up as his back registers something painful, then reaches into his coat to remove his rod and place it aside as well. "So what are we gonna tell the Dragonfolk when we arrive? Will we just tell her we're looking for Menzo's family, or dream up some story? Also, is it okay for me to be talking about this openly in the wilderness?"
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Class: Rageblood Barbarian
Hit Points:
Long Day's Rest Left_bar_bleue46/46Long Day's Rest Empty_bar_bleue  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

Long Day's Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 8:40 pm

OOC: Sorry for not participating, forgot we started a new topic...

Nature Check to hunt for food! +8
Back to top Go down
Fate
Deity
Fate

Long Day's Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 8:40 pm

The member 'Fang' has done the following action : Die rolls

'd20' : 2
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Long Day's Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 8:42 pm

Fang plops down a single rabbit to add to the meal.
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Long Day's Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 8:44 pm

"Sorry guys, slim pickings tonight. Not a lot of animals around here apparently..." He rubbed the back of his head, feeling a tad ashamed he didn't do so hot this time.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Long Day's Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 8:48 pm

ooc It was a dire rabbit, though.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Long Day's Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 10:21 pm

"You don't have to worry about it, Mambele. No reason not to talk about it. Dunno what we'll tell them, though. I'm thinking that Menzo will have to take the lead on that. Might be more willing to deal with a genasi if they already have one in trade agreements." Ricker said between bites.
Back to top Go down

Long Day's Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 10:21 pm

"'Twould be best if I took the lead any way. You lot might get us all killed." Unfortunately the nice side of Menzo still had not returned.
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Long Day's Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 10:23 pm

"Yeah, if your attitude doesn't kill us first...", Fang said to himself, skinning the rabbit he had caught.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Long Day's Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Day's Rest   Long Day's Rest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Long Day's Rest
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next