Sollette Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sollette Online

The world of Sollette is a complex place. The many races that now flourish on the planet can all trace their origin back to one catalyst: The Demonic Invasion. Now you are flung into the past to confront this perilous time for yourself.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

In KnotHome

Go down 
+2
Fang
Eternal Eclipse
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
In KnotHome - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue2/2In KnotHome - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

In KnotHome - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 3 I_icon_minitime20th October 2010, 10:59 pm

Fang:

As you approach, you catch the innkeepers answer to Menzo's inquiry.

"Nah, never did anything like that for anyone else. Mostly kept to 'imself. Never even set foot in here, actually. Sleeps in his tent and eats his own food, I suppose."

Menzo sighs and turns around, seeing you.

"Ah, Fang. Any new information on our strange benefactor?"

---

Mambele:

"Oh, let's not go into details about such things! Please, shop around! I've got anything you could want! I guarantee it!" The gnomes eye's gleam, but from mischief or simple eagerness for a sale, you cannot say.

---

Tiagarth:

Nothing strikes you as out of the ordinary about the gnome. If it wasn't for the fact that you already know that he's done some very powerful things, you would never assume anything odd about him.

Other then the usual gnomish oddness, of course.
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Class: Rageblood Barbarian
Hit Points:
In KnotHome - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue46/46In KnotHome - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 3 I_icon_minitime20th October 2010, 11:11 pm

"Uh... was I supposed to learn more about him?" He shrugs. "I say don't look a gift horse in the mouth. So, what room am I sleeping in?"
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Class: Wizard
Hit Points:
In KnotHome - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue20/20In KnotHome - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 3 I_icon_minitime21st October 2010, 12:37 am

Mambele realizes this is a losing battle, and ponders on the wisdom of not looking a gift horse in the mouth. Turning over to look at Tiagarth, he shrugs. "What do you think? We should probably get some supplies for our boat trip. I'll probably need some maps at least if I'm gonna play the part of navigator's aid to whatever ship will take us." He's already making too many assumptions there, but what the hey. Trying to play it casual, he pretends to examine some daggers as he awaits for Tiagarth's answer. "How much for some parchment and ink?" he asks the gnome. He really should write his surviving family to let them know he's okay. His family that will probably be completely destroyed by the apocalypse while he escapes like a rat jumping ship without telling them. Yyyyeah...

Mambele closes his eyes as a dull ache crushes his chest. "I wanted to be a hero. Instead my grand destiny is to run away and let everybody die." he murmurs softly, talking mostly to himself.
Back to top Go down
zebith
Traveller
zebith

Character sheet
Class: paladin
Hit Points:
In KnotHome - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue25/25In KnotHome - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 3 I_icon_minitime22nd October 2010, 12:40 am

Tiagarth reverts to his eleven form. "I don't know I'm still leary of our benefactor, but I do see a couple of things hat would be nice to have" Tiagarth looks at the totems the one in the middle lets out a small puff of smoke as if to say "buy me" Tiagarth gritts his teeth. Well, I'm probably going to hate myself one way or the other, and this chance miht not come up again. "I'll take this totem, that spell book there, a vile of Elixir of Dragon Breath in poision flavor, and 40 GP worth of residum" Tiagarth says in a low defeted voice to the gnome as he sets his money pouch on the counter.

+1 wildfire totem (AV2 pg47) 840gp
Tree Shape Ritual (PH2 pg217) 100GP
Elixir of Dragon Breath (AV pg186) 100GP
Risidum 60GP

Total 1100

ooc: I ment 60GP LOL

Last edited by Tiagarth on 22nd October 2010, 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
In KnotHome - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue2/2In KnotHome - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 3 I_icon_minitime22nd October 2010, 9:17 am

Fang:

"I suppose your sentiment is best. I still don't feel entirely comfortable about him. As for our rooms..." He turns to the innkeeper. "A human purchased a night's stay in at least three rooms. Which ones were they?"

"Up the stairs. Last three on the right."

---

Mambele and Tiagarth:

"Maps and ink and parchment! Bah! You can buy those wherever you wish! This is a chance at power, my good sir! See your friend? He has chosen most excellently! That potion alone will give him the ability to breath a poisonous gas, just like a dragon! But you? You ask for parchment and ask far too many questions." The gnomes face takes a dark cast. "You are trying my patience."

---

Tiagarth, that's only 1080 gp worth. Another 20 gp worth of residuum would bring it up to 1100.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
In KnotHome - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue20/20In KnotHome - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 3 I_icon_minitime22nd October 2010, 4:17 pm

Mambele half-grins at Tiagarth's new interested in shopping, but his mood is lifted slightly from his gloom only by the shopkeeper's 'outburst'. The gnome's anger is understandable, but also far more interesting than his previous preternatural cheerfulness. "Of course, you're right." the half-elf says, his practiced smile returning. "You'll understand I'm a little concerned about abusing your generosity, coming from a family of merchants, myself. Also, coming from a line of merchants, I tend to be wary of getting more than I purchased in terms of hidden obligations and fees. No offense. So, what do you have that's fit for a warlock, armor-wise?" he says. Taking advantage of the gnome's change of mood, Mambele tries to study his features once again, to see what he can gleam.

roll +4 insight. I dunno if I can roll again for the same skill on such short notice, but I figured that in a real situation, a person would have done likewise in a similar situation, when facing a sudden change in mood in someone. If not, I assume it's just an automatic fail, so no worries. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fate
Deity
Fate

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 3 I_icon_minitime22nd October 2010, 4:17 pm

The member 'Mambele' has done the following action : Die rolls

'd20' : 10
Back to top Go down
https://sollette.rpg-board.net
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25th October 2010, 6:35 pm

Not ignoring you guys, I swear.

Sorry about this. Just another short hiatus. Hopefully will be able to get on here and take care of this on Thursday!
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25th October 2010, 10:55 pm

ooc No worries, dude.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th October 2010, 11:27 am

Mambele:

Just to clarify, in a roleplaying thread you can roll your skills as you like, as long it makes sense. Your explanation was more then adequate to justify your roll.

You can glean no information from the gnome other then he seems rather forthcoming about you wanting to buy his wares and he seems a bit insulted that you expressed interest in mundane items.

In other words, what you see is what you got. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th October 2010, 12:40 pm

Mambele can't help but feel a little embarrassed at this point, as if he was being ungrateful. Offering the merchant a sheepish grin, he tries to focus on some of the wares. He finds the collection of books particularly intriguing, and now regrets never having taken the time to learn to cast rituals. He spots more than one book that catches his interest, but they all prove enormously bulky. Eventually he runs into a smaller tome that proves not to be a book at all, but a deck of divination cards. He makes a face. Card-reading is not nearly as celebrated as stargazing when it comes to unraveling the grand schemes of Fate, but it can be fairly useful in day-to-day decision making, if you're willing to spend the time necessary in them. He also spots a dusty Ouija board tucked away on the top shelf. That can be useful too sometimes, though hardly flawless. Usually errant spirits are not interested in talking to you, save regarding their own obsessions, and they're no less prone to lying or prejudice than the living, but the cautious listener can always gleam something useful from them. "Okay. I think these rate as non-mundane" he murmurs to himself, but he still raids the used leather armor bin just in case, fearful of invoking the gnome's righteous hissy-fit.

roll +2 for Arcana for magic items from the leather armor bin. If he fails, he'll just take a big stylish hat to hide his crown under, even if it gets no bonuses.

OOC Sorry. I can't just pose 'Mambele looks around' without feeling like it's a boring pose, and I figure that if my suggestions are bad, the gnome can just reject them like he did with the parchment. Smile

Last edited by Mambele on 28th October 2010, 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fate
Deity
Fate

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th October 2010, 12:40 pm

The member 'Mambele' has done the following action : Die rolls

'd20' : 10
Back to top Go down
https://sollette.rpg-board.net
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th October 2010, 1:56 pm

You find exactly whatever kind of armor you're looking for.

Also, are you buying those other items or merely pointing them out?
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th October 2010, 2:03 pm

ooc Buying. And I'd like some nice magic leather armor in that case.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th October 2010, 2:20 pm

The items are 5 gold each.

And exactly what kind of leather armor? You do have the books, right? Look it up. Razz
Back to top Go down
zebith
Traveller
zebith

Character sheet
Hit Points:
In KnotHome - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue25/25In KnotHome - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th October 2010, 4:31 pm

"Mambele, Here's some armor that looks like your style" Tiagarth calls to the young warlock (Armor of Dark Majesty +1 Dragon #386 PG. 48)
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 3 I_icon_minitime29th October 2010, 12:55 pm

Mambele bites his lip. It looks like his style indeed. Tall, and almost painfully slim, though thankfully it includes a cloak and tabard to keep him from looking ridiculous. A good bit darker than the usual purples and maroons that make up his usual outfit, but quite stylish otherwise. "It does." he admits with a smile as he picks up the garment. At this point, it almost seems foolish to try it on for size, given the number of strange things that happen, but once he takes a closer look and realizes the price tag can't be that low, he reconsiders. "Do you have a changing room, sir?" he asks the gnome. Leather armor goes over regular clothes anyway, but it still feels a bit awkward to try it on in the middle of the store.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 3 I_icon_minitime29th October 2010, 5:04 pm

"There is a partition at the back of the tent for just such an occasion. Mind the mirror, they're expensive."

---

*Let's try and wrap this thread up, guys. I admit I was stretching it out to try and get Tulka to post but I guess she'll just have to miss out on buying anything and suffer the consequences.
Back to top Go down
zebith
Traveller
zebith

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 3 I_icon_minitime29th October 2010, 8:53 pm

fine by me
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
In KnotHome - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue46/46In KnotHome - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 3 I_icon_minitime29th October 2010, 8:54 pm

Your call dude. Though I understand she's been feeling a tad burnt out on the game, hasn't she? Razz
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 3 I_icon_minitime29th October 2010, 9:07 pm

Yes but I'm not going to put the whole game on hold just for her. That's not fair to the rest of you. I think I've given her plenty of time to at least post 'I buy this and this and then go to bed' but she hasn't even bothered to do that much.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 3 I_icon_minitime1st November 2010, 2:33 am

Mambele steps back out with his new armor in place. Tiagarth was right. Not only does the armor fit him perfectly, but it suits his look just fine. It's just weatherbeaten enough to look unassuming, though still just regal enough to fit his crown, which he can conveniently hide under the cloak's hood. "I believe this will do" he says with a smile, depositing his money purse on the counter. He is unable to resist trying out his new gloves, making a set of sparkly dancing lights appear around the purse for a second before fading to nothing for cosmetic effect.

OOC Okay, so according to 'Garth, the armor is 850 gold, so I just have enough to purchase it along with the cards and the ouija board. We'll see what we can do with those.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 3 I_icon_minitime1st November 2010, 8:44 am

With the armor and the items your total is 850 gold exactly. Smile

---

"Thank you for your business, Mambele! It goes quite wonderfully with that crown. It's a little ostentatious but it suits you well. I prefer subtlety myself." He smiles broadly at you. As you both leave you hear him mutter. "But that is what I expected from gods..." Before you can turn around you are outside. The tent is gone and there is no sign of it ever having been there.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 3 I_icon_minitime1st November 2010, 5:03 pm

Shall we assume that you all spend the night in the inn and move on or do you want to RP some more?
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 3 I_icon_minitime1st November 2010, 5:04 pm

I'm good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In KnotHome
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sollette Online :: Campaigns :: The End of the World (Closed)-
Jump to: