Sollette Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sollette Online

The world of Sollette is a complex place. The many races that now flourish on the planet can all trace their origin back to one catalyst: The Demonic Invasion. Now you are flung into the past to confront this perilous time for yourself.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

In KnotHome

Go down 
+2
Fang
Eternal Eclipse
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fate
Deity
Fate

In KnotHome - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th October 2010, 3:42 am

The member 'Mambele' has done the following action : Die rolls

'd20' : 1
Back to top Go down
https://sollette.rpg-board.net
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
In KnotHome - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue2/2In KnotHome - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th October 2010, 8:39 am

Luckily you didn't need a check to recognize them.

Identifying a magic item only needs a close inspection during a short rest.
Back to top Go down
zebith
Traveller
zebith

Character sheet
Class: paladin
Hit Points:
In KnotHome - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25/25In KnotHome - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th October 2010, 12:08 pm

Tiagarth takes a long drink of the ale and almost drops the mug when the voice speaks to him. He doesn't understand what is being asked or why. " Yes I heard the voice in my head. Where did the gloves come from?"

Tiagarth has an uneasy feeling about being in this town with a creature powerful enough to speak to him in his head. The queston remains what else can this creature do. Read his mind , Take control of his body, ect...

Tiagarth takes another drink to clam his worries about the mysterious voice that spoke to him in his head

Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Class: Wizard
Hit Points:
In KnotHome - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue20/20In KnotHome - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th October 2010, 1:35 pm

Mambele smiles despite his nervousness. "Haven't the foggiest. Think it's safe to take them off?" he asks. He doesn't really want to remove them. He's already convinced (admittedly, with ample reason) that greater forces have taken interest in him and wish only to help him, but still, it sounds like the wise thing to say. He looks at the gloves in wonder and cannot resist trying them out despite his alleged concerns. He attempts to summon a playing card out of thin air. Twelve of Axes.

ooc Do I need to roll anything to succeed, or only when I want a particular effect, like rolling bluff to try and fool someone with the summoned card?
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
In KnotHome - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue2/2In KnotHome - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th October 2010, 1:42 pm

Prestidigation can create a small item that is not a weapon or a tool until the end of your next turn.

So no, you don't need to roll anything. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
In KnotHome - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue20/20In KnotHome - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th October 2010, 1:52 pm

Mambele grins as the desired object appears in his hand. While imaginative, he is not an quite an artist, though, and the object is too lacking in detail to genuinely fool anyone. A few seconds later, the strain of sustaining the object grows wearisome, and the card vanishes from his hand. "Still, useful." he murmurs.
Back to top Go down
zebith
Traveller
zebith

Character sheet
Hit Points:
In KnotHome - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25/25In KnotHome - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th October 2010, 3:16 pm

" I don't have a clue about that type of magic, but I wouldn't rely on it too much until we know more about what the hell is going on here. "
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Class: Rageblood Barbarian
Hit Points:
In KnotHome - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue46/46In KnotHome - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th October 2010, 4:23 pm

Fang glances towards Menzo again. "Well, he WAS a halfling, but now he's a gnome apparently... and he's a rather peculiar shop keeper that likes giving his wares away to strangers."
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th October 2010, 6:00 pm

"You can call me Davon!" He winks at the two of you. "And in case you did not realize, I have given each of you, and your companions, a large sum of gold to spend in my shop! Feel free to browse and I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have!"

Menzo cocks his head. "Wait, why would you give us gold to spend in your shop? That's hardly a sound business strategy."

"I never claimed to be a good businessman."

Menzo checks his pouch and finds the one hundred platinum pieces. He pulls out the Chalcamarak and it sucks them up. The ruby tip glows with power but Menzo concentrates. The edges of the scales on his armor hone themselves to a razors edge and his pauldrons sprout blades. The straps of his shield disintegrate but it floats a mere inch away from his arm still. "I do not trust your merchandise but your gold spends as well as any others." He flashes a quick wink at Fang.

---

+1 Razor Scale Armor and a Floating Heavy Shield for Menzo-Zeran. Total cost = 880 gold.
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
In KnotHome - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue46/46In KnotHome - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th October 2010, 6:04 pm

"I wouldn't be so quick to judge his items. He DID give me this scythe, and it has proven useful so far..." Fang thinks a moment then grins. "And also, who's to say it was HIS money? I'll worry about buying stuff later, but first, I still want to know why you're so eager to help us. And why you at least knew about me, if not, the entire group?"
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th October 2010, 8:29 pm

Fang and Menzo:

"Oh, reasons. Let's just say that we're not all counting on Mambele. Some of us are taking a bit of an interest in actually helping you get to your destination." He winks. "I'm not going to reveal everything, however. Where is the fun in that? So I'll say this one last time: Feel free to shop." His smile fades. "Any more questions and I may take my business elsewhere."

---

Tiagarth and Mambele:

The innkeeper approaches you once more.

"Can I get anything else for you gentlemen? Me wife is roasting a boar for this week's dinners. Shall I prepare a hot plate for the each of ya? Special treat, but it'll cost ya a gold each."
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th October 2010, 9:18 pm

Fang decides to browse the gnome's wares, coming across a rather fetching belt made of chains. "Hm. I like this." He smirks, hoisting it over his shoulder, then making his way towards a display consisting of various amulets. He picks one up and studies it, the amulet bearing a red gemstone with a silver casing. He nods, then plunks some money on the counter. "I'll take these. I think your stuff is pretty good so far..." And with that, he placed his items of choice upon himself.

OOC: Purchased a Level 2 Belt of Vigor and a +1 Amulet of Physical Resolve, totalling 1040 gold.

After that, something clicked in his head, Fang turning towards Menzo. "Say, Menzo, I've still got that dagger from the other day... did you want to do something with that, or what?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th October 2010, 11:03 pm

"Oh, right." Menzo takes the dagger from Fang and feeds it to the Chalcamarak. The ruby glows, faintly.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th October 2010, 2:27 am

Mambele is still too flabbergasted about the current situation to put up much of a fight with the orc, let alone barter. "Fine. I just hope it's basted in a good sauce. Maybe pineapple and honey." he says, reaching for what he believes to be one of the few remaining gold pieces in his bag, then does a double take. He nearly panics as he quickly checks the bag to make sure it's his, then closes the bag again without taking anything out. "Some glasses too, please. Beer to start off with. Tiagarth and I will do some talking, and that's thirsty work, but I'll have some white wine to go with my plate."
Back to top Go down
zebith
Traveller
zebith

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th October 2010, 9:46 am

" I'll have another ale" Tiagarth said still a little wary of the current situation. He reached in to his money pouch to get out a gold piece and noticed the extra,but didn't let on that there was anything wrong.

"We shouldn't drink too much. Just in case something bad were to happen"
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th October 2010, 1:12 pm

Mambele grins at Tiagarth. "You got some extra money too, eh?" he wonders aloud. Tiagarth really was too subtle to let on, but Mambele felt just lucky enough to take a guess and risk appearing like an idiot when he could end up appearing savvier than he was. "Well, this kind of trouble, I can grow accustomed to." he says, examining his gloves. "And anyway, if we can't drink, we'll just have to find something else to waste this money on. Hey, how about some music?" He rises up, looking about for any nearby bards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th October 2010, 1:30 pm

Fang:

"You may stay with Davon if you wish but I would rather head inside the inn." With nod he leaves Fang with the gnome.

---

Mambele and Tiagarth:

As you stand up to look around you spot Menzo headed toward you.

"It seems we have a friend in the tent next door. You may have realized that you have a little extra money, and I know he mentioned you by name a few times, Mambele. He has many powerful items for sale but I urge you to be careful." He turns to the druid. "Tiagarth, do you have any special senses or abilities when you turn into a beast that may help to discern just what the gnome truly is? Fang mentioned that he once appeared as a halfling. Whatever he is, he must be powerful but don't ask him any questions or he may take offense."
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th October 2010, 3:16 pm

Mambele raises his eyebrows at the mention of mysterious friends. His conscience gnaws at him as he remembers he has yet to gotten around to mentioning the episode of the angel to his colleagues. "I... may have to tell you something later, guys. I hope you don't hold it against me for not mentioning it sooner. I can't really explain why I didn't before, but maybe you'll understand after you hear it. Or maybe not. But that can wait. Let's meet our new friend." he says, standing up. "We'll be back, Here's some money in advance." Mambele says, giving the orc two gold pieces.

Turning to Menzo, he bows. "Our host recommends the roast boar, by the way, if you're planning on staying." he mentions on his way to the tent.

Removing 2 gold from inventory.
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th October 2010, 4:18 pm

Fang shrugs. "I've got nothing else to do here." He nods to Daven. "I'm out of here. Thanks again, I guess." Fang then heads out, following Menzo to the inn.
Back to top Go down
zebith
Traveller
zebith

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th October 2010, 7:38 pm

"No, but I'll keep an eye on it and maybe it'll give me a clue to it's true nature" Tiagarth tells Menzo "I don't like beings that can get into my head. It reminds me of the Eladrin slavers"

Tiagarth follows Mambele out the door. As he goes out the door he changes into a gray wolf
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th October 2010, 4:45 pm

Mambele and Tiagarth:

Seeing Mambele and Tiagarth enter, the gnome approaches them from behind his counter.

"Greetings! Welcome to my shop! I knew you would get the answer right if you tried hard enough, Mambele. Why don't you both peruse my selection and see if anything suits your tastes!"

---

Fang:

As you enter the inn, you spot Menzo at the bar, conversing with the innkeeper.

---

Tulkavoa're:

I have no idea what you're doing. Razz
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th October 2010, 5:08 pm

OOC: Perhaps she is STICKING around? XD

Fang notices Menzo and proceeds to wander up beside him, leaning against the counter while Menzo chats away.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th October 2010, 6:56 pm

Mambele recognizes the voice in his head as belonging to the gnome before him. "A pleasure to meet you. I have to say, this is a lovely pair of gloves. This begs the question, though... Are you an eccentric millionaire who likes to toss presents about to people who amuse him, or are you expecting something back from me? Because it's only fair to let you know, I've been known to prostitute myself for a good deal less than this." he points out jokingly.

To be honest, he's rather unnerved upon seeing his mysterious little helper. The gnome looks like the complete opposite of the angel who approached him last time, in terms of looks and style, and only now does Mambele worry that there might be opposing forces at work just as powerful as the ones who are aiding him. Who is this guy, really?
Back to top Go down
zebith
Traveller
zebith

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th October 2010, 9:17 pm

Tiagarh walks in behind Mambele and also reconized the voice as being the Gnomes. Tiagarth intently stusies the gnome tring to figure out who or what it is.

Insight +4
Back to top Go down
Fate
Deity
Fate

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th October 2010, 9:17 pm

The member 'Tiagarth' has done the following action : Die rolls

'd20' : 17
Back to top Go down
https://sollette.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In KnotHome   In KnotHome - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In KnotHome
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sollette Online :: Campaigns :: The End of the World (Closed)-