Sollette Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sollette Online

The world of Sollette is a complex place. The many races that now flourish on the planet can all trace their origin back to one catalyst: The Demonic Invasion. Now you are flung into the past to confront this perilous time for yourself.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's your favorite?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
What's your favorite? Left_bar_bleue2/2What's your favorite? Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

What's your favorite? Empty
PostSubject: What's your favorite?   What's your favorite? I_icon_minitime10th October 2010, 10:03 pm

Out of encounters and roleplay threads, which do you like best?

Let me know and be sure to tell me why!

Also, if there's something you would like to see more of, put that in too!
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Class: Rageblood Barbarian
Hit Points:
What's your favorite? Left_bar_bleue46/46What's your favorite? Empty_bar_bleue  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite?   What's your favorite? I_icon_minitime10th October 2010, 10:05 pm

I like a good balance, and I'd say so far we've got a good balance of the two.

What I wouldn't mind seeing more of is some puzzles (though this is a rather tall order IMO ).
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Class: Wizard
Hit Points:
What's your favorite? Left_bar_bleue20/20What's your favorite? Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite?   What's your favorite? I_icon_minitime10th October 2010, 10:56 pm

I like them both a lot. If anything, I like to see them blend unexpectedly, like provoking a fight at a bar by catching a hustler while playing cards, or setting off some golem guards when trying to rescue the duke's little boy from some bullies which turn out to be the baron's older children, or the like. As for non-combat encounters, I like them having plenty of chances to roleplay, of course, but also with lots of chances to do skill checks. Same for the encounters. Lots of props to use as makeshift weapons or shields. Labrynth corridors to flee through. Puzzles to solve. Situations where the party is split by accident. Chandeliers to swing from. Just lots of stuff to play with and chances to be creative.

One scenario I did in my current roleplay that I really liked was having one of my players be challenged by an arch-baddie to an arena duel, kinda like what Fang went through recently (which was awesome, btw), but it soon became apparent that the built-in traps in the arena that were supposed to be affecting both combatants were in fact only affecting the player. Which suggested the challenger was cheating. Which gave the other players the chance to try to sneak into the arena's control room and catch the accomplices trying to sabotage the game in their champion's favor. So it was two completely separate battles at the same time, and that was fun. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite?   What's your favorite? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your favorite?
Page 1 of 1