Sollette Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sollette Online

The world of Sollette is a complex place. The many races that now flourish on the planet can all trace their origin back to one catalyst: The Demonic Invasion. Now you are flung into the past to confront this perilous time for yourself.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Legend Would You Recreate?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Class: Rageblood Barbarian
Hit Points:
What Legend Would You Recreate? Left_bar_bleue46/46What Legend Would You Recreate? Empty_bar_bleue  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

What Legend Would You Recreate? Empty
PostSubject: What Legend Would You Recreate?   What Legend Would You Recreate? I_icon_minitime4th October 2010, 4:16 pm

So here's some thing would be fun, not necessarily as an actual campaign (not a serious one anyway), but at least for character creation: What fictional character, from a comic, or movie, or whatever, would you want to attempt making as a Dungeons and Dragons character, and how would you go about making it as accurate as possible (at least during your first few levels. )? This is something I thought would be fun to at least chat about (and Josh wanted more topics in here Razz ).

So who would I do? Well, some of you may not be surprised at all:

Optimus Prime. I know, you're thinking "Golly gee, Robert, wouldn't that be hard?" Believe it or not, I've actually put some thought into this.

First of all, the only real choice for race would be a warforged, since they're essentially medieval robots. As for the whole transforming gimmick, simply take the Initiate of the Old Faith multiclass feat, which gives you the druid's wild shape power. Or alternatively, hybriding in Druid, but doing a hybrid class is far riskier IMO. I've done this combination before, and other than the two options listed above, I can't think of a better way to do any form of a Transformers character. Now, unless the DM helps you create one, you won't be changing into a semi cab in the middle of a battle any time soon. Which is fine, since Optimus has been more than a semi truck before.

As for class, the Warlord would be the best choice, since he is a leader in his respective fiction. As for weapons, well, while rifles aren't common in D&D (though your DM could surely help you whip this up with a bit of work), Optimus is known for wieling axes. And D&D has plenty of those. I feel the battle axe myself would be the closest to what he's used to wielding.

So, yes, essentially this is me being a geek, but I always thought this would be something fun to chat about at least.

Oh, and no listing characters you've made in MMO's or such. Razz That, I feel, somewhat defeats the purpose, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Class: Wizard
Hit Points:
What Legend Would You Recreate? Left_bar_bleue20/20What Legend Would You Recreate? Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: What Legend Would You Recreate?   What Legend Would You Recreate? I_icon_minitime4th October 2010, 5:51 pm

I would try to do The Incredible Journey, about a group of familiars, epic mounts, minions and enslaved imps trying to return to their rightful masters. ;P
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
What Legend Would You Recreate? Left_bar_bleue46/46What Legend Would You Recreate? Empty_bar_bleue  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: What Legend Would You Recreate?   What Legend Would You Recreate? I_icon_minitime4th October 2010, 5:52 pm

I think I said character. XD Wait, is that even real?
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
What Legend Would You Recreate? Left_bar_bleue2/2What Legend Would You Recreate? Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: What Legend Would You Recreate?   What Legend Would You Recreate? I_icon_minitime6th October 2010, 1:19 pm

I don't think I could choose a specific character. But I would love to recreate the entire world of Girl Genius. A place full of sparks, clanks, monsters and jagerkin!

Especially the jagers.

I've wanted to create the jagerkin as a race for a while but I just haven't gotten around to it. Maybe someday. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Class: Wizard
Hit Points:
What Legend Would You Recreate? Left_bar_bleue20/20What Legend Would You Recreate? Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: What Legend Would You Recreate?   What Legend Would You Recreate? I_icon_minitime6th October 2010, 1:56 pm

Heheh! Sorry. Well, let's see. I'd love to do Astroboy, but it'd be damn hard to make him a first level character. Specially with the flying. Hmm.... Strength and constitution should be the top priorities, I suppose, but a lot of his powers are ranged, which usually rely on dexterity, charisma or wisdom. He'd be a toughie, no question.

It might be easier to just go with Captain Kirk. He'd be right at home in a DnD setting. Maybe a human Warlord captain of a flying vessel, in a bold quest to bang the fine female fannies of half of the Monster Manual.
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: What Legend Would You Recreate?   What Legend Would You Recreate? I_icon_minitime6th October 2010, 3:53 pm

I could see Astro Boy as maybe a Ranger, since Rangers have abilities for long range, but they're nothing to laugh about when it comes to melee.

By the way, I did more research on Incredible Journey, I did not know that was a book that was made into an old movie, REmade into Homeward Bound... So I get the joke now. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Legend Would You Recreate?   What Legend Would You Recreate? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Legend Would You Recreate?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sollette Online :: Out of World :: Fading Light Tavern-
Jump to: