Sollette Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sollette Online

The world of Sollette is a complex place. The many races that now flourish on the planet can all trace their origin back to one catalyst: The Demonic Invasion. Now you are flung into the past to confront this perilous time for yourself.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Any ideas?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Class: Wizard
Hit Points:
Any ideas? Left_bar_bleue20/20Any ideas? Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Temporary Hit Points:

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 5:25 pm

I've just done a major plot twist in my own DnD campaign, and was hoping for help in getting some ideas for the setting. The heroes have just run into the main villain: the self proclaimed Queen of the Undead, and being only level 3 characters, they stood no chance against her. She just had all of them slain! Now they've woken up as undead and unwilling members of the villain's army. They only have two weeks before the zombie disease kicks in and they lose their free will and most of their mental abilities. They need to find a way to escape ranks and find a priest who will... well... kill them, then resurrect them before they go full zombie.

Anyway, what I need help with is the setting. They're stuck in the city of the Undead, where half of the population is brainless zombies, and the other half is a sort of strange spectre-like creature that believes itself to still be alive, but their brains stuck in the mentality of their life previous to dying, sort of a Sixth Sense sort of thing. Mostly what I need is ambiance. Just a description of what a city of the undead would look like.
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Class: Rageblood Barbarian
Hit Points:
Any ideas? Left_bar_bleue46/46Any ideas? Empty_bar_bleue  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 8:43 pm

I'd say many of the buildings would be in ruin, webs all around, any plants that are around are wilting, if not dead already. Also, the sky above the city oughta look red during the day, black clouds covering it.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 8:57 pm

It's actually underground, but I figure there would be so much moisture in the air and the cavern would be so huge, that it would always appear like an overcast sky, yeah. But what would the 'citizens' be doing all day. There would be endless patrols of zombies through the mostly empty streets, and from the windows, black soulless eyes would be ever peeking out. Under the command of the queen of the undead, new ugly buildings would be ever rising, their undead workers toiling slowly but endlessly, fresh ones replacing the weathered ones that fall to ruin from the ledges. Stores would be open selling nothing, their undead owners waiting silently, unaware of the futility of their endeavor. That's what I got so far, but I could use more.
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 8:59 pm

The zombies could each be given an individual task, like some doing construction, others patrolling. They'd be so simple minded, they'd have one task, however, should someone break one of their 'laws', they would all forget what they're doing and pursue said lawbreaker.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 9:10 pm

Oooh, you got me thinking. I figured the zombies needed constant supervision, otherwise they'd keep building the structures so tall, they'd collapse under their own weight.... then they'd keep building again.
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 9:13 pm

And now you know why zombies demand brains! XD but you could say another creature over sees them...

Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Any ideas? Left_bar_bleue2/2Any ideas? Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 9:14 pm

That all sounds good to me. Kind of like an anthill, really. All obeying one queen and going about their tasks.
Back to top Go down
Kalista/Febrien
Traveller
Kalista/Febrien

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 9:15 pm

One of the things that always freaked me out were the flashes of things out of the corner of your eye. I would imagine that the party would constantly see someone standing at the edge of their vision, yet no one is there when they turn to look. An eyeless figure stares at them from behind as they glance at their reflection in a fetid pool, but the chamber echoes, empty of life, as they whirl about. When they enter a room, the familiar scenery fades into a terrible mockery of days long past. Lost souls go about their daily life, unaware that this reality has long been destroyed and fallen to ruin. As the party member turns, the vision fades, and he is met with the morbid surroundings of the undead city once more.

*shrugs* Use any of it or none of it as you will. That's just the kind of stuff I love. Wink

Do you have the link to your campaign posted somewhere?
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 9:17 pm

Yeah, this sounds like an awesome campaign.

Also, if you're using undead creatures, might I suggest one of the latest monsters from the Dark Sun Monster Catalogue? It is officially the greatest undead creature ever: The Zombie Cactus.
Back to top Go down
Kalista/Febrien
Traveller
Kalista/Febrien

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 10:28 pm

Wow. Every time I post something, everyone stops talking. You all hate me, don't you. Razz
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitime27th August 2010, 10:29 pm

What ar eyou talking about? I posted after you did, thus, it should mean the conversation stopped because of ME!

... aw sh-
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitime28th August 2010, 10:56 am

Ah, thank you all kindly.
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Class: Psion
Hit Points:
Any ideas? Left_bar_bleue32/32Any ideas? Empty_bar_bleue  (32/32)
Temporary Hit Points: 0

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitime28th August 2010, 11:27 am

Nah, I was just playing WoW lol
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitime28th August 2010, 3:29 pm

I played the trial version of WOW, and that was more than enough to get me addicted, but alas, I can't afford the monthly fee at this point in my life.
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Class: Psion
Hit Points:
Any ideas? Left_bar_bleue32/32Any ideas? Empty_bar_bleue  (32/32)
Temporary Hit Points: 0

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitime28th August 2010, 6:19 pm

I sold back some video games get get a card. Haven't played in probably a year!
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitime28th August 2010, 6:21 pm

MMOs aren't generally my thing (but more power to those that do enjoy them!). I'm more of an offline gamer.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Any ideas? Left_bar_bleue2/2Any ideas? Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitime28th August 2010, 8:12 pm

I'm becoming a big fan of Divinity 2. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any ideas?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sollette Online :: Out of World :: Fading Light Tavern-
Jump to: