Sollette Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sollette Online

The world of Sollette is a complex place. The many races that now flourish on the planet can all trace their origin back to one catalyst: The Demonic Invasion. Now you are flung into the past to confront this perilous time for yourself.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tell me what you think of...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Tell me what you think of... Left_bar_bleue2/2Tell me what you think of... Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

Tell me what you think of... Empty
PostSubject: Tell me what you think of...   Tell me what you think of... I_icon_minitime14th August 2010, 5:28 pm

I had an idea today.

Even within classes there is a wide variety of different weapons or implements you can use.

So what if I created some weapon specific powers that you get just by wielding a weapon that you are proficient with?

For instance, Fang's scythe is rather unique. So shouldn't he get a unique attack because of it?

Let me know what you think!
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Class: Wizard
Hit Points:
Tell me what you think of... Left_bar_bleue20/20Tell me what you think of... Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what you think of...   Tell me what you think of... I_icon_minitime14th August 2010, 8:11 pm

I think it's not a bad idea It's always annoyed me that the only difference between wielding a scythe and a greatclub is the cost. Well, that and the weapon group. Even if it's something simple, like.... +5 against scarecrows. Ha ha.
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Class: Psion
Hit Points:
Tell me what you think of... Left_bar_bleue32/32Tell me what you think of... Empty_bar_bleue  (32/32)
Temporary Hit Points: 0

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what you think of...   Tell me what you think of... I_icon_minitime14th August 2010, 9:06 pm

Sounds interesting. What would you have an orb do though?

"Tulka rolls the orb toward the group of minions. STRIKE!"
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Tell me what you think of... Left_bar_bleue2/2Tell me what you think of... Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what you think of...   Tell me what you think of... I_icon_minitime14th August 2010, 10:21 pm

Actually, the one I'm stuck on is Mambele's rod. Razz

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what you think of...   Tell me what you think of... I_icon_minitime15th August 2010, 12:53 am

Added them to 'Changes to the Official Source Books' section.

Feel free to add yours!
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Class: Rageblood Barbarian
Hit Points:
Tell me what you think of... Left_bar_bleue46/46Tell me what you think of... Empty_bar_bleue  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what you think of...   Tell me what you think of... I_icon_minitime15th August 2010, 11:27 am

Mambele's rod or new crown could give a bonus to certain skill checks. Still, isn't this where magic weapons come in? Allowing you to customize your weapons to enhance them? I'm not saying this is a bad idea (that'd be hypocrisy, since I'm actually planning something similar to this as a part of the story to my campaign), just that I thought magic weapons served this purpose is all. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Tell me what you think of... Left_bar_bleue32/32Tell me what you think of... Empty_bar_bleue  (32/32)

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what you think of...   Tell me what you think of... I_icon_minitime15th August 2010, 12:31 pm

Good point, hadn't thought of that lol
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Tell me what you think of... Left_bar_bleue46/46Tell me what you think of... Empty_bar_bleue  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what you think of...   Tell me what you think of... I_icon_minitime15th August 2010, 12:33 pm

LIke I said, not a bad idea. And it's his campaign, if he wants to do something like that, as long as it's not something overly ridiculous (Or if it IS, what I'm doing is the players will get a super special awesome power... but they can only use it every two days instead of one, lol), I'm down with it.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what you think of...   Tell me what you think of... I_icon_minitime15th August 2010, 12:36 pm

Magic weapons allow you to customize your attacks, true. But a flaming sword and a flaming scythe do the same thing.

But wielding a scythe is VERY different from a sword.

So why not give it a bit of style?

I've already put them up on display if you want to see. Check it out in the 'Changes to the Official Source Books' section.
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what you think of...   Tell me what you think of... I_icon_minitime15th August 2010, 12:36 pm

Well, when you put it that way...
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what you think of...   Tell me what you think of... I_icon_minitime15th August 2010, 12:38 pm

I didn't give them anything overpowered. Mostly I just did something that made sense.

I even figured out how to do the rod.

Let me know what you think of the actual powers and if you would change anything.
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what you think of...   Tell me what you think of... I_icon_minitime15th August 2010, 12:39 pm

Mine should turn into a pony!

But seriously, I think it works the way you've done it Razz
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what you think of...   Tell me what you think of... I_icon_minitime15th August 2010, 12:39 pm

Upon examining it, I kinda like it. I apologize if I seemed skeptical about this, just... well, you remember my article. I guess I've become a bit more skeptical about stuff like this than I thought, lol.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what you think of...   Tell me what you think of... I_icon_minitime15th August 2010, 12:41 pm

I understand.

I'm not trying to overpower you guys. Razz

But you should remember that I'm also trying to make up for not having a fifth character. Razz
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what you think of...   Tell me what you think of... I_icon_minitime15th August 2010, 12:42 pm

That also makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what you think of...   Tell me what you think of... I_icon_minitime15th August 2010, 12:44 pm

I would love any suggestions you have for other proficiency powers.
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what you think of...   Tell me what you think of... I_icon_minitime15th August 2010, 12:46 pm

Maybe a boomerang shuriken? LIke once per encounter, you can chuck a shuriken and it'll come back to you? Or maybe something similar to the scythe being used for spears.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what you think of...   Tell me what you think of... I_icon_minitime15th August 2010, 12:49 pm

lol

I'll think about it. Does anyone plan on switching weapons soon?
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what you think of...   Tell me what you think of... I_icon_minitime15th August 2010, 12:50 pm

No, usually when I pick a weapon, my char sticks with it.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Class: Wizard
Hit Points:
Tell me what you think of... Left_bar_bleue20/20Tell me what you think of... Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Temporary Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what you think of...   Tell me what you think of... I_icon_minitime15th August 2010, 1:17 pm

Oh, I would kill to see the Glaive on a campaign, Fang!
Back to top Go down
Kalista/Febrien
Traveller
Kalista/Febrien

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what you think of...   Tell me what you think of... I_icon_minitime15th August 2010, 3:52 pm

I know I'm not playing in this campaign, but from a DM standpoint, they look pretty good. If they seem overpowered, you could always have them work like skill powers by swapping out a regular attack or utility power of a comparable level for the weapon power. Wink

~Kalista
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tell me what you think of...   Tell me what you think of... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tell me what you think of...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sollette Online :: Out of World :: Feedback-
Jump to: