Sollette Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sollette Online

The world of Sollette is a complex place. The many races that now flourish on the planet can all trace their origin back to one catalyst: The Demonic Invasion. Now you are flung into the past to confront this perilous time for yourself.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Braghnia

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Class: Wizard
Hit Points:
Braghnia - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue20/20Braghnia - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Temporary Hit Points:

Braghnia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braghnia   Braghnia - Page 4 I_icon_minitime11th August 2010, 8:03 pm

Mambele has a hard time smiling. It's odd. He was excited about this yesterday, but now feels oddly self-conscious. Entering a harvest time trivia festival just doesn't sound like the kind of thing that's ever going to make it into an epic song for future generations to hear. Swallowing his pride, he focuses on the prize and steps up. He eyes the other contenders with curiosity, wondering whom and what he shall be facing off against.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Braghnia - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue2/2Braghnia - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

Braghnia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braghnia   Braghnia - Page 4 I_icon_minitime11th August 2010, 8:12 pm

Four others join you on the dais. A couple of elderly minotaur, a young human woman, and halfling that looks about middle aged.

"I will ask as many questions as it takes until there is only one of you left standing." The announcer says. "You will write your answers down on these slates." An assistant hands out a few boards and some chalk. "If you get a question wrong you will be eliminated. We will begin.

"What is the largest human city?"

---

Roll History.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Braghnia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braghnia   Braghnia - Page 4 I_icon_minitime11th August 2010, 8:16 pm

+10 Hiz-tree!
Back to top Go down
Fate
Deity
Fate

Braghnia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braghnia   Braghnia - Page 4 I_icon_minitime11th August 2010, 8:16 pm

The member 'Mambele' has done the following action : Die rolls

'd20' : 13
Back to top Go down
https://sollette.rpg-board.net
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Braghnia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braghnia   Braghnia - Page 4 I_icon_minitime11th August 2010, 8:48 pm

You write down your answer on your slate. That was way too easy.

"Time!" He calls out. "Show me your slates!"

You turn your slate around and so do the others. "The correct answer is Gregorst!" He turns to the young woman. "I'm sorry, ma'am but your answer was incorrect." She sighs and walks off the dais. "The next question.

"Where is the location of the ancient city of Forregasia?"

---

Roll another History.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Braghnia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braghnia   Braghnia - Page 4 I_icon_minitime11th August 2010, 8:53 pm

Mambele pouts slightly as the young woman is the first one to exit. He was kinda hoping they would both make it to the final round. If he lost, he could have always chalked it up to chivalrousness on his part.

+10 to History roll.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Deity
Fate

Braghnia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braghnia   Braghnia - Page 4 I_icon_minitime11th August 2010, 8:53 pm

'd10 (Percentile)' : 6
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Braghnia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braghnia   Braghnia - Page 4 I_icon_minitime11th August 2010, 9:09 pm

You once again mark down your answer. This time you had to think a bit.

"Time!" The announcer calls once more. "Answers please." Everyone turns their slates around. "The correct answer is Mount Kuhorn! All of you are correct! Next question.

"What is a gorgon?"

---

Roll for Arcana.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Braghnia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braghnia   Braghnia - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th August 2010, 1:37 pm

Mambele rubs his temples. His bestiary knowledge is not quite up to par. Didn't the tribes in the Southern Rim speak of a Gorgon constellation? They were probably thinking of the Green Wyrmling. He tries to remember the pictures in the stellar guide.

roll +2 arcana
Back to top Go down
Fate
Deity
Fate

Braghnia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braghnia   Braghnia - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th August 2010, 1:37 pm

'd20' : 10
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Braghnia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braghnia   Braghnia - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th August 2010, 2:02 pm

Struggling to remember you chalk down your best guess.

"Time! Answers please!" Everyone once again turns their slates around. "The gorgon is a metallic bull like creature which exudes a deadly gas from it's mouth." He turns to the elderly minotaur. "I'm sorry gentlemen but you are incorrect. In fact," He peers closer to one of their answers. "That is highly inappropriate, Jamas! Get off the stage!" They leave, snickering as only old bulls can, and the announcer continues. "Just you two, eh? Let's make this a difficult one." He thinks for a moment.

"There is an obscure comet that appears only once ever eon! What is it's name and when will it next appear!"

---

Roll for Insight.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Braghnia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braghnia   Braghnia - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th August 2010, 2:19 pm

+4 insight.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Deity
Fate

Braghnia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braghnia   Braghnia - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th August 2010, 2:19 pm

'd20' : 1
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Braghnia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braghnia   Braghnia - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th August 2010, 2:20 pm

ooc Daaaaaamn! It's like Charlie Brown at the spelling bee all over again. THIS WAS SOMETHING HE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THE ANSWER TO! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Braghnia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braghnia   Braghnia - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th August 2010, 2:44 pm

Fortunately for you, I wasn't making you roll for the answer.

---

The answer comes to you easily. This was something you learned for fun!

"Time! Answers please." He looks over your answer and the halfling's answer. "Hmm. You are both correct! It is the Tear of Pelor and it will appear in another four hundred and thirty one years. Interesting that you would both know that." He ponders for a bit. "I want you to sit apart for this next one. Mr. Hepplegrew please sit over on this side of the dais." The halfling grumbles as he goes to sit opposite of you. You feel a bit of pity for the poor guy. "Next question.

"After it's death, how long can a fire beetle's glands hold a glow?"

---

Roll for Nature. You will take a -2 to the check because of your previous failure.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Braghnia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braghnia   Braghnia - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th August 2010, 6:30 pm

Mambele raises an eyebrow as he hears the halfling grumble and wonders what he might have missed.

+2 nature
Back to top Go down
Fate
Deity
Fate

Braghnia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braghnia   Braghnia - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th August 2010, 6:30 pm

'd20' : 1
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Braghnia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braghnia   Braghnia - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th August 2010, 7:25 pm

You go completely blank. You have no idea what the answer is. Unfortunately, before you can answer...

"Time! Answers please!" As you both flip over your slates you notice something peculiar. The halfling's slate is blank as well! "Just as I thought, gentlemen. One of you is a cheater! Unfortunately I cannot tell which of you has cheated since neither of you seem to know the answer to this question. I am calling it a draw and no one will get the prize. Good day." He stomps off the dais and you ushered off the stage as well.

---

As you approach the group Ricker pats you on the back. "Tough luck, son. Just the way it goes sometimes." He chuckles. "Aw, don't worry. Just think of all the money you made yesterday!"
Back to top Go down

Braghnia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braghnia   Braghnia - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th August 2010, 10:28 pm

"Indeed! You've already secured us a good amount of gold, Mambele. I thank you for trying for more." Just as he, too, pats the warlock on the back, the call for the weight lifting competition is announced. "Shall we, Miss Tulka?" He grins at the wilden.
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Class: Psion
Hit Points:
Braghnia - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue32/32Braghnia - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (32/32)
Temporary Hit Points: 0

Braghnia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braghnia   Braghnia - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th August 2010, 10:29 pm

Tulka seems a bit excited. "Yes, let us go to lift the boulders!"
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Braghnia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braghnia   Braghnia - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th August 2010, 10:34 pm

You all head toward an open park where there are boulders prepared for the competition. A massive female minotaur is calling out for all comers.

"Come show your might! Lift and throw! Who's strong enough to take up the call!"

A group of large bulls are already stretching in preparation.

Ricker turns to the wilden and smiles kindly. "Well, Miss Tulka? We'll won't look down on you if you choose to not do this."
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Braghnia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braghnia   Braghnia - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th August 2010, 10:37 pm

She turns to Menzo. It's evident that she has gotten the hang of "smiling" as her bark mouth grins widely. "We will help get to the Pandrylshys who protect their den!"

She walks confidently into the center of the park as instructed.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Braghnia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braghnia   Braghnia - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th August 2010, 10:47 pm

All the minotaur watch her approach and laugh heartily. The female especially.

"I'm not against you trying but if you hurt yourself I'm only laughing harder." She snorts. "And then having a salad. Go join the rest."

She turns to all of the competitors. "Alright. Here's the rules. You have to pick the boulder up and throw it from the designated area. The furthest it goes without touching the ground," She turns to one of the males with a broken horn, "Or anything else, Sagj! Is the winner. Any questions? No? Good. We'll start. Sagj, your first. And I swear to the labyrinth that if you headbutt it again I will break more then just a damn horn."

The minotaur picks up one of the boulders with a lot of grunting and heaving. With a scream of power he tosses it.

"Good job. That might be four feet." A halfling team runs out and inspects it, then holds up four fingers. "Yep! Not bad for a dimwit. Next!"

The next bull approaches, picking it up without a sound and tossing it with merely a grunt. The halflings measure and hold up eight fingers. "That's showing 'em! Next!"

The last bull, a massive fellow with caps on his horns, picks up the boulder easily and tosses it like a ball. The halflings rush out and measure it. Eleven fingers. "Ha! That's my bull!" She blows a kiss to the male and he winks at her. "Alright, salad. You're up!" She doesn't even bother to hide her disdain.

---

Roll for Athletics. This is just to pick up the boulder.
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Braghnia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braghnia   Braghnia - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th August 2010, 10:56 pm

If the Wilden is at all disheartened by the jokes made at her expense, she does not show it. She stands about a foot away from the boulder, and closes her eyes.

She glows internally, and makes movements with her hands as if she is holding the boulder in her arms. And suddenly, the boulder reacts. As she lifts her arms, it lifts with her, until it is about 10 feet in the air. It hangs there for a moment, suspended, and she opens her eyes again, a huge smile on her face. She pushes the air in front of her as if pressing against a wall, and the boulder high above yields, traveling slowly, slowly picking up speed. She lets it fly about 50 feet before throwing her arms towards the ground. On cue, the rock speeds out of the sky, crashing into the dirt, burrowing a good third of it into the substrate before coming to a rest.

Tulkavoa're stands straight and smiles. She looks back at Menzo and says "We did well?"

Power used: telekinetic lift Razz
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:

Braghnia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braghnia   Braghnia - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th August 2010, 11:03 pm

OOC: Before anyone freaks out, I checked that power (After Shawna laughed at me hysterically) and it does exactly what she says it does. This was completely legal and I'm sorry for getting everyone's hopes up of seeing her crushed beneath a rock.

---

The crowd is stunned. No one makes a sound. No one except the halflings who run out to the boulder. They examine the distance and start flashing their fingers like mad.

"Fifty feet." The announcer says. The bull with a broken horn furiously storms up to her.

"That was cheating! She never touched it!"

"Shut your face, Sagj! It doesn't say anywhere in the rules that she has to touch it. She has to lift it with her own power and it can't touch the ground. But nothing about touching it." He begins to argue and she punches him in the face, knocking him out.

"Alright, sal-" She pauses. "Miss? Can you come here?" She puts her arm around the wilden. "Anyone else want to argue that she won?"

The entire crowd cheers and the massive bull is laughing on the ground.

The female hands Tulka a pouch of gold. "I'll be re-writing the rules so that doesn't happen again, though." She winks and the crowd disperces.

---

Tulka just won 200 gold pieces.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Braghnia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braghnia   Braghnia - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Braghnia
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sollette Online :: Campaigns :: The End of the World (Closed)-
Jump to: