Sollette Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sollette Online

The world of Sollette is a complex place. The many races that now flourish on the planet can all trace their origin back to one catalyst: The Demonic Invasion. Now you are flung into the past to confront this perilous time for yourself.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Our First Battle

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Our First Battle Left_bar_bleue2/2Our First Battle Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

Our First Battle Empty
PostSubject: Our First Battle   Our First Battle I_icon_minitime1st August 2010, 12:40 pm

Well we've finished our first battle and I feel that everyone did a great job!

But I want to make sure that everyone enjoyed themselves.

Is there anything that you wish I had done differently?

For example, would you prefer if I posted the map at the top of each page or do you not mind leaving it on page 1?

Would you prefer having natural 1's as critical fails with something bad happening or do you like just missing?

I've also been considering letting you turn an enemies natural 20 into a regular hit by spending an action point. Does that sound like something you'd like to have?

Let me know about these and if you have any of your own concerns then by all means, post them!
Back to top Go down
Tulkavoa're
Traveller
Tulkavoa're

Character sheet
Class: Psion
Hit Points:
Our First Battle Left_bar_bleue32/32Our First Battle Empty_bar_bleue  (32/32)
Temporary Hit Points: 0

Our First Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our First Battle   Our First Battle I_icon_minitime1st August 2010, 1:15 pm

I live with you, but I will participate anyways Razz

I personally like crit fails. It adds something to the game. Or if you don't want to think of something bad to happen, maybe just make it so the rest of their turn is forfeit?

The rest I thought was fine the way it was, really.
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Class: Rageblood Barbarian
Hit Points:
Our First Battle Left_bar_bleue46/46Our First Battle Empty_bar_bleue  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

Our First Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our First Battle   Our First Battle I_icon_minitime1st August 2010, 1:25 pm

Yeah, I like crit fails as something bad happening other than "you miss automatically". Also I like nat 20's having some sort of bonus, even if it's someting small like "you get an extra attack", or "the other enemies around you are a bit terrified". Nothing huge of course.

I don't mind the maps being restricted to the first page. Sure, it'd help the players out int he long run if you put it on every page, but I understand a bit more work goes into putting it on EVERY page. Also, when someone goes to roll, and oh, whoops! It goes straight to the new page. Yeah, that causes some stress.

But this is your game, and if you want to run things in your own special way, I'm down with it as long as it's not broken. Like the general opinion is that it's broken, not if I'm the only one who thinks it's broken. Or dumb.
Back to top Go down
Sundew
Traveller
Sundew

Character sheet
Class: Wizard
Hit Points:
Our First Battle Left_bar_bleue20/20Our First Battle Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Temporary Hit Points:

Our First Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our First Battle   Our First Battle I_icon_minitime1st August 2010, 11:49 pm

I agree with the 'something bad upon critical miss' part. I rather enjoyed myself. I still feel I need to get more used to playing like this with you guys, but that shouldn't take long, I reckon.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Eclipse
Deity
Eternal Eclipse

Character sheet
Class:
Hit Points:
Our First Battle Left_bar_bleue2/2Our First Battle Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Temporary Hit Points:

Our First Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our First Battle   Our First Battle I_icon_minitime2nd August 2010, 12:21 am

I suppose I can work in crit fails. Any suggestions on what they should entail? I like the idea of losing the rest of your turn but that's only harsh if you planned on moving after your attack. Most people get all of that over with and then attack.

As for natural 20's giving you something extra... I'm not sure that's a good idea. Mambele can attest to nat 20's happening twice in a row. I rolled them in the coliseum. So however unlikely, I don't want infinite attacks going on. I think max damage is already a good bonus and adding an extra attack is a bit overboard. Not to mention that once you get magical weapons they can add even more damage on top of a crit.

Maybe an intimidation roll to gain +1 to defenses until the start of your next turn?

I agree that having the map on every page would be easier on everyone (except me Razz) but that situation that you described comes up far too often. I don't want to have to delete someone's roll just to have the map on the top.

As for you getting used to playing this way, Mambele. You're already doing fantastic. Smile

You fit in very well with our group and it's all gone exceptionally smooth.

And I want you all to know that this battle was technically too difficult for you. So good job on whooping it's ass! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fang
Traveller
Fang

Character sheet
Class: Rageblood Barbarian
Hit Points:
Our First Battle Left_bar_bleue46/46Our First Battle Empty_bar_bleue  (46/46)
Temporary Hit Points:

Our First Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our First Battle   Our First Battle I_icon_minitime2nd August 2010, 3:41 pm

Yeah, we rocked hard.

'Specially me. XD Ha, no, I jest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Our First Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our First Battle   Our First Battle I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our First Battle
Page 1 of 1